Day 3 of MoFo, and it should surprise no one that I’m talking about pizza again. But there’s no fancy 3 hour crust recipes – just a pizza you can make in less than the time it will take me to type this out.
If speed is your goal, then prepackaged foods are your friend. The only fresh ingredients in this entire pizza are those two tomatoes lurking in the top left of the picture above. Let me break it all down for you:
- Mama Mary’s pizza crust. The joy of accidentally vegan food. They are one of the only pre-made crusts I can find that don’t have cheese or honey in them. They are perfect for this kind of pizza, too. They’re a little bit thick and a little bit dense which makes them perfect for containing toppings. I get them at my local QFC, which is owned by Kroger, so I’m sure you can find them somewhere near you.
- Victoria Vegan artichoke alfredo sauce. Their sauces are so good. This one turned out to be slightly on the watery side for a pizza, but I managed to make it work. I also sprinkled a generous pinch of red pepper flakes on top of the sauce to give it a good kick.
- Miyoko’s Mozzarella. Miyoko’s cheeses are so, so good. They’re pricey, but so, so good. The mozzarella carves up softly and gets a little gooey when you bake it, just like buffalo mozzarella without the cruelty.
- Slices of tomato – pretty self-explanatory. I love fresh tomato on a pizza.
- Quorn chik’n tenders. They’ve only just started selling the new vegan Quorn products in the U.S. In fact, this pizza is the very first time we’ve tried them at all. It was love right away.
Since I used a pre-made crust, the directions are simple – load up toppings and bake that pizza! Even slicing the tomatoes, it was only about 10 minutes of prep work and about 10 minutes of cooking time to get this on the table:
So get out there and make yourself a pizza!